Application of the “Strategy” to the business takes its origin in the US corporate environment of the last century. Before that, the term was used only in the context of military affairs and politics. Today, the strategy is applied not only for the business giants, but also for small and medium sector players. However, many encountered some difficulties on this tortuous path, including those resulted by the fact that some authors and methodology were in the trend, and some – not. Any consultant knows what SWOT analysis and Porter’s five forces analysis are, businessmen talk about “positioning”, “value chains” and “competitive advantages”, but not everyone can name at least a few alternative approaches.
In fact, there are at least 10 strategic management schools:
1. Design School (strategy formation as a process of understanding)
2. Planning School (building strategy as a formal process)
3. Positioning School (building strategies as an analytical process)
4. Business School (building strategy as a foresight process)
5. Cognitive School (building strategy as a mental process)
6. Training School (building strategies as an evolving process)
7. Authorities School (building strategy as a negotiation process)
8. Art School (building strategies as a collective process)
9. External Environment School (building strategy as a reactive process)
10. Configuration School (building strategy as a process of transformation).
Given widespread tendency in Kyrgyzstan SWOT-analysis refers to Positioning School, and market positioning refers to Positioning School. Thus, at least 8 other approaches are out of business in CIS countries. In today’s international consulting other more advanced tools and methods have already been developed and used, which in our country El Group Consulting is implementing.
Good and effective company strategy must be result of a seminar for managers, but the answer to the real challenges of the environment. The answer, in turn, should be based on an assessment of the external environment, which El Group Consulting attaches paramount. The difference of our approach is that we are focused on increasing the effectiveness of the ultimate goal of any organization, regardless of ownership. To do this, El Group Consulting is implementing in Kyrgyzstan human performance technologies that are currently used in the world’s leading companies.